Albion 1-2 Airdrieonians- Match Report

Livingston maintain lead at the top with victory over nine-man East Fife

Livingston maintained their lead at the top of Ladbrokes League One after a 3-1 win over nine-man East Fife at the Tony Macaroni Arena.

It took the hosts a while to get going but they finally broke the deadlock through Liam Buchanan's strike in first-half stoppage time.

The Lions doubled their lead shortly after the break with Michael Miller's free-kick before Kevin Smith hit back immediately to halve the deficit.

Buchanan restored the two-goal cushion from the penalty spot with 24 minutes remaining to seal the victory while East Fife had Mark Hurst and Paul McManus sent off.

Ross Caldwell scored a hat-trick as Brechin kept up the pace with the leaders after a 3-1 win over Peterhead.

The visitors, two points adrift of Livingston, took the lead midway through the first half after Caldwell powered in a left-footed drive, a lead which City took into the break.

Caldwell doubled his tally eight minutes after the interval before he completed his hat-trick to go 3-0 up with 25 minutes remaining while Rory McAllister could only net a consolation for Peterhead.

Airdrie took the spoils in the Monklands derby following a 2-1 win over Albion at the Exsel Group Stadium.

Andy Ryan put the visitors ahead when he lashed into the top corner after just seven minutes before Iain Russell doubled their advantage to give Airdrie a comfortable half-time lead.

The Diamonds secured the three points despite Ross Stewart giving them a scare when he headed home Paul Willis' cross in the last minute.

Alloa put bottom club Stenhousemuir to the sword as they eased to a 4-1 victory at the Indodrill Stadium.

Greig Spence opened the scoring for the hosts on eight minutes before Andrew Graham headed in Calum Waters' corner to double their lead.

The Wasps extended their advantage further with another header, this time through Jamie Longworth, before Alistair Roy hit one back for Stenny to go 3-1 down at the break.

Kevin Cawley latched onto Graeme Holmes' pass to restore the three-goal cushion and secure all three points.

Queen's Park took the spoils at Stair Park following a 2-0 victory over Stranraer.

In a tight first half, neither team looked like threatening the scoreboard before Dario Zanatta popped up to slot home just before the interval for Queen's Park.

Anton Brady secured the win for the visitors three minutes from time with a left-footed finish to move the Spiders up to eighth.

Source : PA

Source: PA